Thursday, June 29, 2006

 

Another WBCH Creation


they said tonight we're gonna party like it's 1999...
Prince


a time to toast amongst friends.....

so it was one of those days. you know hot and muggy don't feel like getting out of the bed, moving slowly, had to brew the coffee extra strong just to get the day moving. had it been any day I might have given in to the day and just lounged around done nothing, but it wasn't just any old day, it was time for another WCBH Creation, hosted by The Phoenix!



The Phoenix called hella early, talking about how she was freaking out, she needed hard confirmations for our reservations or she would have to come up out of her pocket. I knew how she felt since I'd hosted the last gathering...hosting is allot of work, even if it's not in your home. I put some calls out to check on folks status, then rolled out to run my errands.

It was so hot I didn't even feel like getting all fancy, it just wasn't one of those days. It was a wife beater kinda LA summer day! I decided that a wife beater and a golden bronzer would be my look for the evening...well it looks like I over bronzed trying to balance out the rings around my eyes left by my stunner shades....but oh well, life doesn't always work out how you want it!



I rolled thru to pick up Sangin' Diva in the Green Hornet. We had a chance to chat and have some girl talk as we rolled down the 405 S headed to the LBC.


We arrived at The Phoenix's house and finally gotta chance to meet her hubby and see my two favorite Littles. (hopefully I can get my nephew to meet them while he's in town)

The Phoenix must be a sister from another mister cuz she was rocking the wife beater to the summer skirt to the denim jacket as well!


We met up with the rest of the crew, P and her girl C, Isha's Sangin' Diva's girl and as we waited for our table, we looked around to see if anyone would be joining us. The hot topic of the evening was whether or not Boss Mack would bless us with his appearance. He had an out, because we knew it was his mom's birthday, however we couldn't help but wonder.


Pictures were snapped, I was on my crack berry sending notes to the Mother Land, chatting with my Dad who'd ran just been at my sister's best friend's wedding...in this distance I caught a glance of what appeared to be some butter soft leather and another brother who appeared looked like a sweet black berry in the distance.

Cooler than an ocean breeze in the LBC, were Boss Mack and Mil Gates. Now Gates was sporting some top notch Ostrich boots, to the perfectly matching butter soft leather, with a crisp button down. Boss Mack was sporting the nicest looking goatee I think I'd seen in ages, to the high end jeans to the high end summer shirt. Greetings were exchanged and we were promptly seated.


Although admittedly I have found Boss Mack's site ever so controversial and it took me a while to really get with what he was doing over there, I must say he has earned my respect. If for no other reason he shows up the page, he's cornered a market in blogland and although many may not agree with his lifestyle, I must say that in person he is a charming gentleman. I can see why the ladies flock, although I'm still convinced a few of those chicks could use some etiquette classes.

Conversation was lovely, my girls were pleased with our wait staff, I was in shock and awe to see so many black people with jobs...a sign that I've been in Hollywood too long. A toast to being Black and Beautiful before the gentleman had to kick it to the next spot.


The night unfolded without a hitch. Many were missed and hopefully we'll get a chance to do it all again before the summer is over.



For the chronicles of the WCBH Crew [ click here ]

Boss Mack [ click here ]

MilGates [ click here ]


Shout outs to the Sista's that missed us,[ One Cool Honey ][ Supa Sista ]
[ Dee ][ Jasai ]


Comments:
Yall went ot Bubba Gumps...we went to the one in TImes Square in New YOrk...i wonder if its the same one..the waiter is a cutie........Im mad I didnt get to see sangin when she was here....
 
Great recap and bee-yo-tiful pics! So you weren't feeling ol' boy's blog either, huh? I figured it's just fiction, but I still can't get with that program. Anyway, I'm loving that you guys are still hooking up and hanging out and looking oh so FAB as only WCBH do!
 
Girl you have hooked us up with an awesome way to keep up with our events and share our stories...

I thought dudes blog was a little dark sided but i think he's just a writer whose found his niche...not a bad guy in person at all though!
 
Hi Ladies--Thanks for visiting my blog. I would LOVe to know how you found me. Looks like you all had a great time. NOw why wasn't I invited :)

I'm off to read more on your blog. Thanks again for stopping by :)
 
You guys are too friggin FLY! I LOVE IT!!! West Coast Bloggers...now that's tight. Glad that you guys had a good time. I've never read Boss Mack so I guess I gotta check him out.

Keep on making L.A. look fabulous chicas!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?